Becketwood's thoughtful amenities and services will enhance your lifestyle
Becketwood has an extensive array of benefits that our Members greatly appreciate.
Our acclaimed chef and the restaurant staff provide fine dining for Members, Waiting List Members and guests seven days a week. We enjoy contemporary cuisine that emphasizes locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables, made-from-scratch soups, entrees and desserts. The staff is also happy to accommodate people with special requests. We think of our food service as “gourmet casual.” We can choose to enjoy the restaurant daily, regularly or just occasionally. Our restaurant staff offers catering services, too. View the current menu for a sample of the dining Members and guests enjoy.
Our handy pantry provides food items that are available for sale 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It couldn’t be easier when you run out of something!
Becketwood’s art coordinator organizes a regular series of rotating exhibits in our own gallery. It often features our Members’ collections of artwork. Our hallways provide the setting for a permanent display of prints, drawings and paintings, many of which are owned by our Members.
We maintain a large, professionally cataloged library that regularly acquires new works of fiction and non-fiction, along with an extensive DVD library. The library committee reviews new books each month in the Becketwood Times newsletter. Because it is self-service, the library is open 24 hours a day and is always available when you need a new book to read.
We offer individual garden plots to Members who want to keep exercising their green thumbs. Our 12-acre site includes Fernwood Glen, a woodland garden, bird sanctuary and a series of walkways that meander through our urban forest, which features more than 500 trees.
And, as a Becketwood Member, you have access to these services and facilities:
- Heated underground parking with a car wash bay
- Friendly and responsive 24/7 front desk staff
- Professional maintenance
- Refurbishment and housekeeping staff
- A fitness and exercise center
- A well-equipped woodworking shop where creativity abounds
- Craft center for group and individual projects
- A hair salon/barbershop
- Free coffee shop for socializing
- Office-type services such as copy machine, fax and shredder
- Meeting and party rooms
- Large picnic and barbeque area
- Game rooms and Wii games
- Well-appointed guest rooms for visiting friends and family, at a nominal cost
- Member Services Coordinator can help Members access services that enable them to age in place
- Becketwood Members receive priority at Episcopal Homes of Minnesota when they need rehabilitation, assisted living or long-term care services
Becketwood’s amenities, unbeatable location and vibrant co-op community combine to make it an unmatched 55 plus community in Minneapolis. You are invited to take a tour and join our Waiting List of potential Members.