“Evaluate operational strategies from the perspective of a green environmental ethic”
The Becketwood community has a deeply felt responsibility to our treasured 12 wooded acres and the river bluffs neighborhood. We are acting to protect and preserve the environment and this important watershed. Some of our action steps include:
- Improve air management by heating/cooling more efficiently.
- Reduce energy consumption by evaluating and upgrading exterior, garage, and storage lighting and all mechanicals for efficiency and long-term savings. Evaluate windows for most cost-effective way to reduce energy loss.
- Reduce water usage by making interior upgrades where practicable.
- Encourage green upgrades in individual units by providing information on environmentally friendly products. Make available to Members where possible energy efficient products such as water-saving shower heads.
- Encourage the use of environmentally friendly cleaning products throughout the building.
- Continue Environmental Education and Outreach through Becketwood programs and community events on topics such as global climate shifts, sulfide mining, pipelines, water quality, and honeybees.